Tuesday, May 3, 2016

A few days in

I've got four lots of injections behind me now and I have to say I'm feeling fine so far! The first day I was quite hormonal but since then the only symptom I've noticed is maybe being a little more tired than usual. I'm happy that I'm not experiencing any bad symptoms such as cramps or headaches but I also hope that it still means that everything is going well - I hope that lots of follicles with good quality eggs in them are growing.


It seems quite strange to me that I'm not scheduled to go back for an ultrasound until day ten so I gave the clinic a call to ask if maybe I could go in on day seven as well. However they more or less said that Dr. Direct knows what he's doing and has been doing it for years and if he says I don't need an ultrasound until day ten of meds then that's what I'll get! So that means I will have a full ten days of injecting the hormones without knowing how well they are working.

Lately I've been watching episodes of Call the Midwife on Netflix. It's a good show but I'm also hoping seeing all the babies will subconsciously make my body be fertile this month, haha! The meditation mp3s I'm listening to are also about positive thinking and healing your body with your mind. I don't believe it can heal everything that's wrong with a person, that would be ridiculous but I do think that the mind is nonetheless very powerful and no harm trying.

I've been feeling so great today I was even considering going for a jog this evening but then I googled exercise during IVF and moderate working out can negatively affect success rates plus there's the risk of something called ovarian torso where your ovaries can get twisted which sounds nasty! So maybe I'd better stay on the safe side and just stick with gentle walks now and then. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey, so pleased to hear that things are going well. Just keep going...you'll do great :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome